As one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Warehouse Team Member to join our team and contribute to the success of our organization. As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Associate is primarily responsible for the safe, timely and accurately picking of Riverside product before delivery to various customer location. This position requires physical labour to pick product/materials.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Obtain merchandise from bins or shelves to complete order receipts.
- Read orders to ascertain catalog numbers, sizes, colors, and quantities of merchandise.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or on computer.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Transport product to customers' vehicles.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Moves materials/products to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, by hand or by using other equipment.
- Load products onto delivery trucks in a safe manner using the provided equipment as required.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine material or equipment needs.
- Accurately picks doors/trims and preps orders for shipping/delivery.
- Compliance with Riverside policies, Health & Safety Program, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- General cleanup of warehouse including but not limited to trash, debris, etc.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, homeowners, and trades.
- Performs duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
- 1+ years' General Labour experience.
- Previous warehouse (fulfillment/pick and pack) or delivery experience is preferred.
- The physical ability to: lift 50lbs repetitively, walk/stand/sit for long periods of time, bending, reaching, climbing, twisting, trunk strength, and manual dexterity.
- Ability to handle and move material.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ability to read.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance - the ability to deal calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
- Dependability - reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family
- RRSP with company matching
- Company events
- Career development and growth opportunities
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate to one of three locations:
- London, ON N6N 1E2
- Waterloo, ON N2L 4E2
- Stoney Creek, ON L8E 5S1
Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- warehouse: 1 year (required)