Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Woodworker to join our team in London, ON and contribute to the success of our organization.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, attention to detail, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. The Woodworker is responsible for constructing doors and millwork products using a variety of woods and materials. This position requires physical labour to manufacture Riverside product.
- Study plans, specifications, or drawings of articles to be made.
- Process wood parts from rough lumber into finished product.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Set-up and feed machinery such as shapers, planers, table saws, presses, miter saws, jointers, sanders, bandsaws.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements using appropriate tools and/or machinery.
- Sand and machine wood parts as required.
- Assemble door system components.
- Accurately construct custom millwork such as baseboards, casings, posts, and other trims per specifications.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Inspect wood products for conformance to quality standards, marking and removing damaged and/or defective parts and/or sections and repair or replace as appropriate.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
- Maintain records, document actions, and present written progress reports.
- Safe use of handheld power tools such as drills, sanders, routers, and nailers.
- Perform work in a safe manner.
- General cleanup of mill and work area.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all associated equipment as required and in keeping with company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, vendors, and homeowners.
- Compliance with Riverside policies, Health and Safety Program, and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment: Production Floor (Mill and Warehouse).
Tools: Power/hand tools, woodworking tools, machinery.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Post-secondary education in Woodworking Technician or Woodworking Technology program, or similar, is preferred.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- 2+ years experience in woodworking.
- Previous manufacturing / general assembly production experience is an asset.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Knowledge of production processes, raw materials, and quality control.
- Knowledge of woodworking tools and machines.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications.
- Ability to handle and move objects for production.
- Ability to read.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- High degree of stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Time management skills.
- Coordination skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Team-focused and cooperation with others.
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High degree of achievement and effort.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.