Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Warehouse Team Member to join our team in Stoney Creek, ON and contribute to the success of our organization.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Associate is primarily responsible for the safe, timely and accurately picking of Riverside product before delivery to various customer location. This position requires physical labour to pick product/materials.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Obtain merchandise from bins or shelves to complete order receipts.
- Read orders to ascertain catalog numbers, sizes, colors, and quantities of merchandise.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or on computer.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Transport product to customers’ vehicles.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Moves materials/products to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, by hand or by using other equipment.
- Load products onto delivery trucks in a safe manner using the provided equipment as required.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine material or equipment needs.
- Accurately picks doors/trims and preps orders for shipping/delivery.
- Compliance with Riverside policies, Health & Safety Program, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- General cleanup of warehouse including but not limited to trash, debris, etc.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, homeowners, and trades.
- Performs duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
- 1+ years’ General Labour experience.
- Previous warehouse (fulfillment/pick and pack) or delivery experience is preferred.
- The physical ability to: lift 50lbs repetitively, walk/stand/sit for long periods of time, bending, reaching, climbing, twisting, trunk strength, and manual dexterity.
- Ability to handle and move material.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ability to read.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family
- RRSP with company matching
- Company events
- Career development and growth opportunities
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.