TITLE: Warehouse Team Member
DEPARTMENT/TEAM: Warehouse – Materials and Purchasing
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Team Lead; Warehouse Manager
Reporting to the Warehouse Team Lead and/or Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Team Member is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely picking and packing of orders. The Warehouse Team Member is an integral agile contributor in the daily operations of the warehouse and always performs work in a safe manner.
- Accurately pick orders in a timely fashion in accordance with the pick slip.
- Accurately pick materials required for production and manufacturing.
- Read orders to ascertain product/catalog numbers, sizes, colours, and quantities of merchandise.
- Load, unload and move products to designated areas and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment.
- Keep warehouse areas and aisles clean and in order.
- Transport products to customers’ vehicles and delivery trucks.
- Identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisor.
- Perform work in a safe manner.
- Compliance with Riverside policies, Health & Safety Program, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- General cleanup of warehouse including but not limited to trash, debris, etc.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, homeowners, and trades.
- Participates in year-end inventory counts.
- Performs duties as directed by the Warehouse Manager or Warehouse Team Lead.
Work Environment: Warehouse
Tools: Calculator, Measuring tape, Order Cart, Forklift, Pump Truck, Pump Jack.
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- Forklift certification considered an asset.
- 1+ years’ experience in warehouse (pick and pack or fulfillment) or general labour is considered an asset.
- Industry knowledge of products and materials preferred.
- Lifting – The ability to lift 50lbs or more repetitively.
- Bending – The ability to bend at the knees and waist.
- Walking/Standing – The ability to walk/stand for long periods of time.
- Grasping – The ability to grasp objects with your hands.
- Twisting – The ability to twist at your hips.
- Reaching – The ability to reach above shoulder level.
- Manual Dexterity – The ability to quickly move hand, hand together with arm, two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Finger Dexterity – The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Pull / Push – The ability to pull and push order carts.
- Balance – The ability to maintain balance while lifting and moving product.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes:
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Relevant knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to handle and move material.
- Ability to read and write.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Critical thinking.
- Information ordering – the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific set of rules.
- Perceptual speed – The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Ability to communicate with other departments and staff.
- Problem sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Time management skills.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Vacation pay.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with an emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver’s abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; 3) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or driver competency assessments.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.