Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by every day. Since 2005, Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products includes interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and motivated Technical Sales Representative to join our team in Stoney Creek, ON, and contribute to the success of our organization by delivering products and an excellent client service experience.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Technical Sales Representative is primarily responsible for generating new business for the Company through soliciting new customers and, possessing substantial technical knowledge, successfully lead the awarded project to completion. Providing best in class customer service, the Technical Sales Representative administers the daily management of the awarded project and is accountable for the overall project performance including monitoring of the budget, schedule, quality, safety, and adherence to company policies and procedures. This position is expected to perform functions with minimal supervision and high level of initiative. The Technical Sales Representative translates and explains highly complex technical information to customers and focuses on providing input on product design where needed to be tailored to the client. This position requires a considerable amount of travel.
- Identify and solicit new clients through various channels.
- Travel within sales territory to meet prospective and new clientele.
- Accountable for meeting established sales targets.
- Accountable for retaining client portfolio of business.
- Negotiate and close sales deals.
- Visit on-site locations to evaluate the needs of the client or to promote product or service sales.
- Assess client needs, recommend, or assist in the selection of appropriate products or services that can meet clients’ needs.
- Provide input into product design where products or services are to be tailored to suit clients’ needs.
- Prepare presentations or proposals to explain product specifications or applications.
- Obtain and read blueprints or specifications for estimating project costs.
- Ensure the timely submission of estimates.
- Complete on-site takeoffs.
- Assists Accounts Receivable in the collection of payment on new sales accounts as necessary.
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, and homeowners.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as directed by the Regional Sales Manager.
General and Contract Administration:
- Establishes and maintains positive client relationships to ensure client satisfaction.
- Thoroughly understands and enforces contracts and sub-contracts.
- Responsible for the preparation and completeness of contract scopes of work.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to contract scopes of work.
- Reviews tender package with Senior Estimator and regional Sales Manager as it relates to scope and client expectations prior to submittal to client.
- Reviews and identify errors or omissions in drawing or blueprints and resolve issues.
- Obtain, review, and submit purchase orders for all ‘additional orders’ outside of the contract.
- Work with accounting to address all client questions regarding invoicing.
- Prepare, monitor, and update the schedule to ensure project is proceeding in accordance with delivery/commitment dates.
- Enforce the schedule where necessary.
- Responsible for personnel and resource management to meet the schedule; escalating staffing planning and forecasting needs to Human Resources in keeping with Riverside policies and procedures.
- Liaises with Warehouse Manager to identify and resolve any logistical or inventory related issues to ensure schedule can be met.
Site Monitoring and Support:
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to the project.
- Support the site/field in day-to-day operations ensuring project objectives are met.
- Monitor project expenditures.
- Monitor the project schedule to ensure that it is being tracked and adhered to.
- Monitor quality of workmanship to ensure it is being performed in accordance with Riverside’s quality and performance standards.
- Monitor safety to ensure it complies with Riverside Health and Safety policies/procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Attend on-site meetings with Construction Managers, Owners, or Owner Representatives.
- Conducts routine field inspections to ensure compliance with requirements of the contract and safety.
Work Environment: Office, Construction Sites, Residential Homes, Showroom.
Tools: Cell Phone, Computer, Laser Printer, Calculator, Scanner, Photocopiers.
- High School Diploma.
- Post-secondary Degree in Engineering; post-secondary diploma in Construction Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Interior Design, Woodworking Technology or in another related field, or an equivalent of formal education and experience.
- Health & Safety Courses/Training: WHMIS, Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT), Working at Heights (WAH).
- Valid G class Driver’s License.
- 5+ years’ experience as a sales representative – previous technical sales experience or focus on building material or manufacturing sales preferred.
- Previous experience as a project coordinator/manager.
- Site/field experience is considered an asset.
- Previous residential construction experience is preferred.
- CRM experience is considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for Sales and Marketing including showing, promoting, and selling products or services as well as sales techniques and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, meeting quality standards for service and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of building and construction materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of homes.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and produce various goods and services.
- Maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- High degree of initiative and persistence.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications; numerical reasoning.
- Time management skills.
- Resource management skills – financial, personnel, and material.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Critical thinking skills – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Complex problem solving and problem sensitivity.
- Coordination, monitoring, and evaluating skills.
- High degree of service orientation skills.
- Technology skills: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Bluebeam.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Revit, or Cabinet Vision considered an asset.
- Judgement and decision-making skills.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Clean driver’s abstract.
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- Performance pay.
- Company vehicle.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with an emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver’s abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; 3) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or driver competency assessments.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.