Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by every day. Since 2005, Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products includes interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and motivated Regional Sales Manager to join our team in Waterloo, ON and contribute to the success of our organization by delivering products and an excellent client service experience.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Regional Sales Manager is responsible for successfully leading and motivating a high-performing regional sales team to generate leads, hit and exceed sales targets and meet the needs of Riverside’s clients and customers. This position is accountable to the company Directors and works closely with Sales Managers in other regions to ensure regional consistency in divisional activities. This position liaises with the Warehouse Manager, Estimators, Marketing, and Project Managers as appropriate.
Sales Department Operations:
- Organize regional and division specific sales operations in compliance with Riverside standard operating procedures and policies.
- Direct and coordinate all regional and division specific activities involving sales of manufactured products and services.
- Accountable for meeting regional sales targets.
- Accountable for client retention.
- Accountable for retaining and growing regional market share.
- Assist in establishing organizational policies and procedures in relation to sales.
- Assess, mitigate, and report all sales/customer service issues, ensuring resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Allocate sales territories to sales representatives and accounts to account managers.
- Chair weekly regional department meeting to ensure clear communication on updates, challenges, progress, etc.
- Participate in the strategic planning related to the launch and sales of new product lines.
- Collect weekly sales reports from regional department staff to monitor and track monthly sales targets, workload, progress, etc.
- Timely completion and submission of monthly department report to Regional General Manager.
- Review final detailed tender bid summaries, scopes of work, and supporting details for large projects with all stakeholders.
- Participates in the preparation of bid breakdown summary / work breakdown summary with respective stakeholders upon award of contracts.
- Supports Sales Representatives and Account Representative in the preparation and submittal of closing bid project details.
- Lead sales team in building relationships with business clients and manage negotiations of sales contracts.
- Assist in determining price schedules and supports the process of evaluating and updating price lists with all stakeholders (purchasing).
- Review operational and department records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvement within department on an ongoing basis.
- Research and monitor market conditions, product innovations, market trends, and competitors’ products and prices.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Works with the marketing department to understand and communicate marketing messages to the field and clients.
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, and homeowners.
- Represent the company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as directed by the Regional General Manager.
- Establishing, monitoring, and managing sales targets.
- Meet regularly with department personnel to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity.
- Train and manage department personnel to solve day-to-day sales and customer service-related issues and reach performance standards/goals.
- Holds team accountable for continuous improvement.
- Holds team accountable for sales targets.
- Accountable for regional departmental employee retention, engagement, and culture.
- Responsible for the performance management of department staff including, but not limited to, annual performance reviews, performance standards, and sales targets.
- Participates in the recruitment process with Human Resources for hiring new department personnel.
- Participates in monthly manager’s meeting.
- Participates in ongoing training and leadership development initiatives and programs.
- Complies and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements cost controls for operating and departmental expenditures in compliance with Riverside’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of the regional sales fiscal budget.
- Accountable for meeting the fiscal budget.
Health and Safety:
- Accountable for the implementation and enforcement of safety.
- Ensures that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Oversees training of departmental employees on safety processes and procedures relating to department operations.
- Works with Human Resources near-miss / accident reporting and supports Riverside’s early and safe return to work program.
Work Environment: Office, Construction Sites, Residential Homes, Showroom.
- High School Diploma.
- University Degree in Business, Interior Design, or Architectural Technology or in another related field with a specialization in sales.
- Health & Safety Courses/Training: WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- Valid G class Driver’s Licence.
- 5+ years’ experience as a sales representative – focus on building material or manufacturing sales preferred.
- 2+ years’ in a managerial role with personnel responsibility.
- Previous residential construction experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for Sales and Marketing including showing, promoting, and selling products or services as well as sales techniques and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, meeting quality standards for service and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- Leadership skills.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Time management skills.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Coordination, monitoring, and evaluating skills.
- High degree of service orientation skills.
- Technology skills: Intermediate proficiency level with MS Office, CRM experience.
- High degree of initiative and persistence.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications.
- Critical thinking skills – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Complex problem solving and problem sensitivity.
- Judgement and decision-making skills.
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Clean driver’s abstract.
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Company Vehicle
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with an emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, and cognitive assessments. 3) their current drivers abstract.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record, and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.