TITLE: Regional General Manager
DEPARTMENT: Senior Leadership
REPORTS TO: Managing Partner(s)
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Regional General Manager is responsible for managing the overall performance for their assigned regional location including, revenue, profitability, performance, expenditures, staffing, and team culture. Leading the regional operations, this position is also responsible for successfully implementing various, corporately identified, business strategies in alignment with the organization’s short- and long-term plans, vision, and policies and works closely with the members of the senior leadership team to support its execution. Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the regional location, and each regional department, the Regional General Manager is accountable for motivating a high-performance team that delivers excellence ensuring efficiency, financial stability, and compliance with all Riverside policies and procedures. This position is accountable for maintaining industry standards and plays a pivotal role in client relationships, and business growth.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of regional operations in a manner that is consistent with corporate policies and procedures.
- Accountable for regional resource allocation including financial, personnel, and material to meet operational demand and achieve targets in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate through middle managers, the overall operations and goods production.
- Evaluate and improve regional operations and financial performance.
- Manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of the supporting departments (HR, Finance, etc.) through the coordination and communication between the functional domains.
- Accountable for retaining and growing regional market share.
- Identifies and resolves problems, escalating as appropriate to respective members of the senior leadership team or ownership.
- Builds strong business relationships with suppliers/vendors, clients, and business partners.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion with highly sensitive information.
- Represents the company in a professional manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of the industry, market, relying on current literature, technological advances, and statistical studies and data to make informed decisions.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as directed by the Managing Partner(s).
- Lead regional strategic planning to ensure the region has the capability to meet future demands and objectives.
- Provide strategic vision and guidance to the location.
- Ensures management beliefs and behaviours are in line with Riverside company culture.
- Designs strategy and set goals for growth.
- Visits the shop floor and sites to strengthen the connection with the realities of the business and model leadership behaviours throughout the region.
- Promote the company values.
- Models’ effective teamwork and ensures it is embraced at all levels within the region’s operations.
- Provides competency-based feedback and ensures managers/leaders throughout the region are also providing appropriate feedback.
- Mentors’ managers.
- Holds team accountable for continuous improvement.
- Meets regularly with regional department managers to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity.
- Participates in ongoing training and leadership development initiatives and programs.
- Complies and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
Budget Management and Fiscal Responsibility:
- Participates in the preparation of the regional fiscal budget through preparation, review, and forecasting for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Continuously conduct financial reviews to remain current on the financial health of the business and location.
- Tracks and reviews monthly and year-to-date reporting to ensure regional department targets/goals are being achieved.
- Accountable for managing the regional fiscal budget and monitoring regional expenditures.
- Achieves or exceeds planned P&L objectives.
- Holds management team accountable for achieving fiscal commitments.
- Identifies and implements cost controls for regional expenditures in compliance with Riverside’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains employee confidentiality.
- Accountable for regional employee retention, engagement, and culture.
- Supports daily human resources activities and responsibilities.
- Supports on-going HR initiatives throughout the region and ensures proper communication channels from location to corporate are enforced.
- Responsible for the performance management of regional staff including, but not limited to, annual performance reviews, performance standards, and targets.
- Works with Director of Human Resources and Culture to establish and maintain a bench of successors for key positions.
- Works closely with Director of Human Resources and Culture to review regional staffing plans and forecasting
Health and Safety:
- Accountable for the implementation and enforcement of safety and preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensures that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Works with Human Resources near-miss / accident reporting and supports Riverside’s early and safe return to work program.
Work Environment: Office, Warehouse, Manufacturing Floor, Construction Sites, Residential Homes.
Tools: Cell Phone, Computer, Laser Printer, Calculator, Scanner, Photocopiers.
- High School Diploma.
- Post-secondary Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Commerce; or the equivalent in experience plus a post-secondary diploma in Construction Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Woodworking Technology or other related field.
- Professional designation CPA/CGA, PMP, P.Eng., or CET considered an asset.
- Health & Safety Courses/Training: WHMIS, Supervisor Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT), Working at Heights (WAH). • Valid G class Driver’s Licence.
- 8+ years’ managerial experience, with personnel responsibilities, either in construction, a lean manufacturing environment, or a related field leading multiple working groups.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager in a related industry considered an asset.
- 5+ years’ experience as a skilled finish carpenter is considered an asset.
- Site/field experience is considered an asset.
- Previous residential construction experience is considered an asset
- Lifting – The ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Bending – The ability to bend at the knees and waist.
- Climbing – The ability to climb stairs.
- Walking/Standing – The ability to walk/stand.
- Reaching – The ability to reach over the shoulder.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in leading or directing of organization (including accounting, disposition of human and material resources, public relations, sales and marketing, and economics), strategic planning, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge related to the delivery of a series of operations in large-scale production or processing of goods, according to safety and quality standards.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, meeting quality standards for service and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and office procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services including marketing strategy and tactics, sales control systems, and sales techniques.
- Knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications; numerical reasoning.
- Leadership skills.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Resource management skills – financial, personnel, and material.
- Judgement and decision-making skills.
- High degree of persistence and the ability to establish and maintain challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Time management skills.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Critical thinking skills – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Analytical thinking skills – analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Complex problem solving and problem sensitivity.
- Coordination, monitoring, and evaluating skills.
- Service orientation skills.
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Adaptability/Flexibility. • Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Clean driver’s abstract.
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- Performance pay.
- Company vehicle.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with an emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver’s abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; 3) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or driver competency assessments.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.