We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Rep to service the Hamilton/Niagara area.
Primary Responsibility – Quality Assurance:
- Conduct quality control check on all projects in your territory.
- Monitor existing jobsites for activity/volume so that manpower is adequate at all times.
- Liaise with Scheduling Coordinator to ensure all schedules are met and that manpower is adequate.
- Suggest specific trim crews for specific sites to Scheduling Coordinator.
- Seek out new trim carpenters and evaluate work they do for other customers to qualify them.
- Deliver hardware to jobsites when necessary.
- Inform Warehouse Manager when there is extra material to be picked up when houses are complete or to deliver material to site when it is short and state reasons for shortage/overage when possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Inform Owners/Directors of ongoing issues with customers and subcontractors when they cannot be solved otherwise.
- Communicate with carpenters daily to ensure they have the correct quantities of material to complete their work in a timely manner.
Secondary Responsibility – Measuring (Back-Up):
- Read and interpret blueprints, and/or measure houses to complete electronic takeoffs completely and accurately.
- Confirm specifications on customer purchase orders and/or colour/specification sheets provided by customers. and give proper information to Materials Department.
- Make sure all special orders are requested in a timely manner to avoid backorders.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance rep to ensure quality and completion are adequate for all customers.
- Handle general customer service and inquiries when required.
Required Skills, Education, and Competencies:
- Finish carpentry, doors/trim/hardware installation knowledge
- Interior building materials product knowledge
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Exceptional knowledge of construction practices/schedules/deadlines
- Computer Skills
- Self starter and self motivator
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize