Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Production Team Member to join our team in London, ON and contribute to the success of our organization.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Production Team Member works as part of a team to produce a variety of millwork products that adhere to RMG’s quality standards to meet or exceed client expectations. Our finished millwork products are installed in both new build construction and existing residential homes, lived- in/occupied by homeowners. This position requires physical labour to manufacture Riverside products.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Evaluate quality of materials or products.
- Working with wood and MDF products.
- Loading/unloading and operation of equipment in a safe manner such as CNC, moulder, saws, sanders, lifting assist devices.
- Handle materials and tools in a safe manner and follow safety procedures.
- Monitor and inspect the quality of material and products produced.
- Route, trim, drill, and sand components to supplied drawings.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Maintain production or processing equipment.
- Record operational or production data.
- Plan production or operational procedures or sequences.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Provide assistance or direction to other workers within the organization.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Other duties as required.
- 1+ years of production experience.
- Experience in woodworking.
- The physical ability to: lift 50lbs repetitively, walk/stand/sit for long periods of time, bending, reaching, climbing, twisting, trunk strength, and manual dexterity.
- Ability to handle and move material.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in woodworking, carpentry, construction or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ability to read.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
Work Environment: Production Mill.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.