Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Production Team Member, Level 1 to join our team in London, ON and contribute to the success of our organization.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Production Supervisors, the Production Team Member prepares wood parts for the next stage in the manufacturing and/or assembly process for door products and mouldings in level one positions within the mill. The Production Team Member is an integral member of the production team and contributes to the daily output of quality products.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Prepare door parts and/or products including priming, painting, or staining.
- Inspect doors, mouldings and trim to prepare for priming, painting, or staining.
- Application of primers as required.
- Perform quality checks on products and parts. Scrutinize goods to maintain process and product standards.
- Report/record product defects and damages to the Supervisor and/or appropriate designate.
- Read and review blueprints and work orders to ensure work is completed to specifications.
- Work through the required tasks in the production processes.
- Follow production schedule to ensure deadlines are met.
- Loading/unloading and operation of equipment in a safe manner such as CNC, moulder, saws, sanders, lifting assist devices.
- Compliance with Riverside policies, Health and Safety Program, and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- General cleanup of production area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT)
- Previous woodworking experience is an asset.
- Previous manufacturing / general production experience is an asset.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Knowledge of production processes, raw materials, and quality control.
- Knowledge of woodworking tools and machines.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications.
- Ability to handle and move objects for production.
- Ability to read.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- High degree of stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Time management skills.
- Coordination skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Team-focused and cooperation with others.
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High degree of achievement and effort.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Production Floor (plant/warehouse)
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
Reference ID: 2023.11 – PROTEAMLV1 – LDN