TITLE: Production Planner
DEPARTMENT/ TEAM: Manufacturing/Production – Cabinetry Division
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
The Production Planner is responsible for the overall planning, scheduling and coordination of production activities through al aspects of the cabinetry department. This role requires the individual to participate in engineering with the design software – Cabinet Vision, schedule production and installation of cabinetry, as well as purchase required materials and items to fulfill orders.
• Review and interpret drawings and blueprints for design and quoting purposes.
• Use Cabinet Vision software to draw/engineer designs and issue to CNC for production.
• Maintain daily production and Installation schedules.
• Ensure material and cabinetry components are purchased and stock levels maintained.
• Collaboration with production, Sales, Shipping and Managers to promote smooth production and ensure order requirements are met.
• Coordinate customer’s order timeframes with sales to provide lead times.
• Assist with the development, implementation, and management of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Engineer/alter designs to ensure construction and installation meets building code and standards.
• Quote and design projects as needed.
• Follow all company policies, safety rules and quality standards.
• Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager
Work Environment: Office; Production Floor (plant/warehouse).
Tools: Phone, Computer, Laser Printer, Calculator, Scanner, Photocopiers.
- High school diploma required.
- Completion of a post-secondary program in a manufacturing related field. Such as industrial distribution, supply chain management or logistics is preferred.
- • 2+ years production planning experience.
- • Experience with Cabinet Vision software is an asset.
- Walking/Standing – The ability to walk/stand.Grasping – The ability to grasp objects with your hands.
- Typing – The ability to type for long periods of time.
- Sitting – The ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Finger Dexterity – The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes:
- Knowledge of production processes, raw materials, and quality control.
- Knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of Biesse works, HOMAG, WoodWOP and/or Mastercam is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service, meeting quality standards for service and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications.
- Ability to read.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- High degree of stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Time management skills.
- Coordination skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Team-focused and cooperation with others.
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High degree of achievement and effort.
- High level of personal integrity.
- High degree of problem sensitivity
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Vacation pay.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with an emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver’s abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; 3) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or driver competency assessments.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.