We are seeking a dependable and safety-conscious Outside Sales Representative to join our team in Stoney Creek, ON and contribute to the success of our organization. As a successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Sales Manager the Outside Sales Representative is responsible for tapping into various channels of business development (networking, referrals, cold calling, business2business, social media, etc.) to secure and service both new and existing clients.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Pursue new sales leads, including homebuilders and homeowner accounts.
- Manage existing accounts efficiently and accurately.
- Conduct on-site and/or showroom consultations with clients for product selections/specifications.
- Read blueprints to complete takeoffs for estimating/quoting purposes.
- Collect site measurements to complete accurate takeoffs for sales orders.
- Provide accurate specifications to inside sales team for paperwork processing and project coordination.
- Confirm specifications on customer provided purchase orders and/or specification sheets and provide proper information to inside sales team for project coordination.
- Contact customers for any amended purchase orders or specifications prior to order entry as required.
- Ensure all special orders are requested in a timely manner to avoid backorders.
- Contribute weekly sales budget/forecast information to sales team’s on-going reporting initiatives.
- Research and investigate product market trends and competitor’s product offerings and pricing.
- Attend vendor conducted product knowledge seminars and workshops.
- Handle general customer service and inquiries when required.
- Follow up with customers to ensure project completion is satisfactory – mitigate any outstanding issues or incomplete elements.
- Refer small builder and contactor sales to showroom when volumes are minimal (use discretion).
- collect AR on accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years Sales Experience.
- Understanding of residential construction industry is an asset.
- Technical and product knowledge of interior building materials manufacturing and specification.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling, interior finishing sequencing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
- Relentless drive to prospect for new business.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication ability.
- Independent self-starter with exceptional organizational and problem-solving ability.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and CRM.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Post secondary education in a related field of study.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance - the ability to deal calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
- Dependability - reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Valid G Class Drivers License and a clean drivers abstract
- New build construction, residential homes, businesses.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Company Vehicle.
- Performance Pay.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; 3) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or driver competency assessments.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stoney Creek, ON L8E 5S1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 2 years (required)
- Class G Licence (required)