Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you're looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career. Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations. As one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and customer service focused Inside Sales Representative to join our team in Waterloo, ON and contribute to the success of our organization.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Lead Project Coordinator, the Inside Sales Representative is primarily responsible for providing complete sales service to walk-in and online inquiries from homeowners, general contractors and home builders. As the Inside Sales Representative you will play a vital part in coordinating directly with internal departments to showcase Riverside product through preparation of quotes and production requests for larger projects, while effectively maintaining efficient, accurate and exceptional customer service to clients.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Represent Riverside in a positive and professional manner.
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase.
- Assess and qualify the needs of walk-in customers, and consult with each customer to arrive at the best solution for their project needs.
- Sell Riverside’s industry leading value proposition of one stop shopping for interior finishing products and services.
- Answer phone sales inquiries and direct larger leads to outside sales.
- Create customer orders and take proper payments as required.
- Liaise with Warehouse to arrange product pick-up, ensuring materials are prepared, gathered, and loaded according to the customers’ request.
- Use superior product knowledge to create estimates for walk in customers and refer larger estimates to Estimating department.
- Maintain order desk and showroom in a clean and organized manner.
- Conduct post sale follow up (call customer to ensure they are satisfied with product/service).
- Prospect potential builder customers and or projects for outside sales representatives.
- Identify areas of improvement for the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and new and exciting products.
- Collect and report post sales customer information and issues.
- Work with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy clients and achieve company goals.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager.
- 2+ years’ Customer Service or Sales experience.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Post secondary education or diploma in a related field (Ex: Business Administration, Interior Design, Architectural Technology, Construction Engineering Technology, Woodworking).
- Excellent in-person, telephone and email communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ability to read.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance - the ability to deal calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
- Dependability - reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
Reference ID: 2022.03 - INSALESREP- WTL
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterloo, ON N2L 4E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- sales: 2 years (required)