Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a motivated and safety focuses Human Resources Manager to join our team in Waterloo, ON and contribute to the success of our organization.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources and Culture, the Human Resources Manager, is primarily responsible for the daily administration of the Human Resources department. As a role model of the Company’s values, the Human Resources Manager is a resource to all.
The Human Resource Manager will facilitate administrative support in the execution of strategic programs and initiatives. The Human Resource Manager will possess strong knowledge of health and safety development and advising on best practices. This role is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination and implementation of HR business processes, functions and procedures and monitors HR projects and workflow. The Human Resource Manager will exercise administrative judgement on establishing departmental operation goals, standards, policies, procedures.
- Administers the daily activities of the Human Resources department.
- Acts as a resource for employees, supervisors, and managers.
- Recommends, creates, and administers HR policies, increasing the understanding and consistent application of same.
- Maintains and assists in developing effective internal HR procedures.
- Assists in the implementation of various HR programs and initiatives.
- Manages unsolicited employee relation calls and letters; ensuring each issue is resolved fairly and according to employment law guidelines as well as company policy.
- Ensures compliance with various legislation including ESA, Human Rights Code, Labour Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, etc.
- Performs confidential investigations and may provide input into the investigations performed by others; escalates matters as needed to the next level.
- Manages employee relation matters concerning accommodations, short-and-long-term disability claims, leaves of absences, WSIB claims, and safe and early return to work.
- Compiles HR analytics to help Director make decisions and map strategic HR planning development.
- Assists in developing communication and training on various topics.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the HRIS system.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Provides back up assistance for payroll.
- Actively participates in the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Works closely with the Director of Human Resources and Culture on various projects.
- Identifies and makes suggestions for improvement within department on an ongoing basis.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as directed by the Director of Human Resources and Culture.
- Coordinates the work produced by HR personnel to ensure completion of projects and tasks.
- Meet regularly with HR personnel to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity.
- Supports HR personnel to resolve human resources problems, interpret HR policies and procedures and recommends appropriate/effective courses of action.
- Responsible for the performance management of department staff including, but not limited to, annual performance reviews, performance standards, and department targets.
- Participates in the recruitment process for hiring new department personnel.
- Manages the day-to-day functions within the HR department.
- Participates in monthly manager’s meeting.
- Participates in ongoing training and leadership development initiatives and programs.
- Identifies and implements cost controls for operating and departmental expenditures in compliance with Riverside’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of the human resources fiscal budget.
- Accountable for meeting the fiscal budget.
Health and Safety:
- Strong focus on building a health and safety framework and develop its components. Revise as required.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and compliance with applicable law.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Riverside locations to assist in resolving day to day problems.
Work Environment: Office, Warehouse, Showroom
Tools: cell phones, laptop computers, photocopying equipment, computer scanners, calculators
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources.
- CHRP designation is preferred.
- CHRL is an asset or working towards.
- Health & Safety Courses/Training: WHMIS, Supervisor Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- 5+ years’ human resources experience.
- 5+ years’ managerial experience with personnel responsibilities.
- Previous industry related experience in construction, carpentry, trim, manufacturing considered an asset.
- Previous experience leading the development, implementation and maintenance of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Certified Management Representative for Joint Health and Safety Committee.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes:
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge and application of Human Resources Management policies, best practices, and employment legislation.
- Knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- Leadership skills.
- Management of personnel resources.
- Judgement and decision making.
- Complex problem solving (conflict resolution) skills and problem sensitivity.
- Critical and analytical thinking.
- An effective communicator – a high level of professionalism of language both written and verbal and a confident presenter.
- Technology skills: MS Office, ADP Workforcenow.
- Inductive and deductive reasoning.
- High attention to detail.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Time management skills.
- Stress tolerance and self-control– the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Information ordering – the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
- Concern for others.
- Social perceptiveness.
- Coordination and monitoring skills.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.