We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Production Team Member to join our team in London, ON and contribute to the success of our organization. As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Production Team Member works as part of a team to produce a variety of millwork products that adhere to RMG’s quality standards to meet or exceed client expectations. Our finished millwork products are installed in both new build construction and existing residential homes, lived-in/occupied by homeowners. This position requires physical labour to manufacture Riverside product.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Evaluate quality of materials or products.
- Working with wood and MDF products.
- Loading/unloading and operation of equipment in a safe manner such as CNC, moulder, saws, sanders, lifting assist devices.
- Handle materials and tools in a safe manner and follow safety procedures.
- Monitor and inspect quality of material and products produced.
- Route, trim, drill, and sand components to supplied drawings.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Maintain production or processing equipment.
- Record operational or production data.
- Plan production or operational procedures or sequences.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Provide assistance or direction to other workers within the organization.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Other duties as required.
- 1+ years' production experience.
- Experience in woodworking.
- The physical ability to: lift 50lbs repetitively, walk/stand/sit for long periods of time, bending, reaching, climbing, twisting, trunk strength, and manual dexterity.
- Ability to handle and move material.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Post secondary education in woodworking, carpentry, construction or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ability to read.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance - the ability to deal calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
- Dependability - reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family
- RRSP with company matching
- Company events
- Career development and growth opportunities
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON N6N1E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Production: 1 year (required)