Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Finish Carpenter, Installer to join our team in Stoney Creek, ON and contribute to the success of our organization.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Finish Carpenter, Installer will interact daily with clients, builders, and homeowners. The Finish Carpenter, Installer will install finish carpentry and custom millwork when required with new products/material. The position performs work in a safe manner and with a high degree of attention to detail. This position requires physical labour to install Riverside product.
- Complete finish carpentry installation with a high attention to detail, in designated territory with use of own tools (company will supply/provide select tools on a discretionary basis, as required).
- Safe use of appropriate tools and equipment to complete the job to company quality and installation standards.
- Provide excellent customer service to homeowners, builders, contractors etc.
- Successfully troubleshoot issues when they arise by finding quick and accurate solutions.
- Work independently to complete installations in an efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively with Account Foremen to ensure that all materials required for installation are accounted for.
- Read and interpret blueprints, and/or measure houses to fill out takeoff sheets completely and accurately when required.
- Liaise with Scheduling Coordinator to ensure all schedules are met and that manpower is adequate.
- Coordinate with Warehouse to ensure all products required for installation are accounted for.
- Appropriately document all product/installation deficiencies and determine the nature of any required service work.
- Handle general customer service and inquiries.
- Other duties as required.
Work Environment: Residential homes; Construction sites.
Tools: Power/hand tools, Carpentry tools, Measuring tape.
- High School Diploma is required.
- College diploma in woodworking, carpentry, construction, or equivalent work experience in the field is preferred.
- 1 year experience installing interior finishings is an asset.
- Customer service experience.
- Knowledge and building and construction material, methods, and tools.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service, meeting quality standards for service and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications.
- Knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- High degree of stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Ability to read.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of personal integrity.
- High degree of achievement and effort.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to think critically.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Complex problem solving and problem sensitivity.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Coordination skills.
- Ability to creatively correct deficiencies.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.