Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you're looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career. Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations. As one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Driver Helper/Warehouse Associate to join our team in Waterloo, ON and contribute to the success of our organization. As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Driver Helper/Warehouse Associate is primarily responsible for supporting the Delivery Driver through a various tasks to ensure the safe and timely delivery of Riverside product to various customer location. This position requires physical labour to load/unload material at delivery locations and to pick product/materials.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provides support to the Delivery Driver through various hands-on tasks.
- Moves materials/products to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, delivery sites, by hand or by using other equipment.
- Load products onto delivery trucks in a safe manner using the provided equipment as required.
- Unload materials/products at delivery sites in keeping with shipping details or as directed by the Warehouse Manager, Operations Manager, Site Superintendent, or customer.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine material or equipment needs.
- Accurately picks doors/trims and preps orders for shipping/delivery.
- Compliance with Riverside policies, Health & Safety Program, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- General cleanup of delivery truck including but not limited to trash, debris, etc.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, homeowners, and trades.
- Performs duties as directed by the Warehouse Manager or Operations Manager.
- 2+ years' General Labour experience.
- Previous warehouse (fulfillment/pick and pack) or delivery experience is preferred.
- Valid G Class Driver's License is considered an asset.
- The physical ability to: lift 50lbs repetitively, walk/stand/sit for long periods of time, bending, reaching, climbing, twisting, trunk strength, and manual dexterity.
- Ability to handle and move material.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by road.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ability to read.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance - the ability to deal calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
- Dependability - reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Delivery Truck
- Deliveries will be made to construction sites, residential homes, etc.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family
- RRSP with company matching
- Company events
- Career development and growth opportunities
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterloo, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- general labour: 2 years (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- Class G Licence (preferred)