Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious Delivery Driver to join our team in Stoney Creek, ON, and contribute to the success of our organization by delivering products and an excellent client service experience.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Delivery Driver is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of Riverside product to various customer locations (homes, construction sites, etc.). This position requires physical labour to load/unload material at delivery locations.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Operate and drive vans and light trucks to deliver interior building materials such as doors, trim, and hardware.
- Compliance with all traffic laws and regulations, Riverside policies, Health & Safety Program, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Perform pre-trip inspections.
- Drive to and from delivery destinations via established routes.
- Ensure correct loading of vehicle. Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Unload materials/products at delivery sites in keeping with shipping details or as directed by the Shipping Supervisor, Warehouse Manager, Site Supervisor, or customer.
- Deliver materials and proper paperwork to our customers in a safe, courteous, and timely manner.
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable provincial and federal regulations.
- Complete and maintain daily logs, inspection logs, deliver receipts, vehicle inspections, working hours of service, repair status, following applicable and federal regulations.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor element and transported with zero damage.
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and a clean drivers abstract.
- 2+ years’ delivery driver / mover experience is preferred.
- Health & Safety Courses/Training: WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- Previous warehouse or general labour experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by road.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ability to read.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-
- stress situations.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Time management.
- Attention to Detail.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal-opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver’s abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; 3) their performance on any behavioral assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or driver competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.