As one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and safety conscious CNC Machinist to join our team in London, ON and contribute to the success of our organization. As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Production Team Member works as part of a team to produce a variety of millwork products that adhere to RMG’s quality standards to meet or exceed client expectations. Our finished millwork products are installed in both new build construction and existing residential homes, lived-in/occupied by homeowners. This position requires physical labour to manufacture Riverside product.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Create and program parts for machining using various CNC software packages.
- Examine finished workpieces for smoothness, shape, angle, depth-of-cut, or conformity to specifications and verify dimensions, visually and using hands, rules, calipers, templates, or gauges.
- Start machines, adjust controls, and make trial cuts to ensure that machinery is operating properly.
- Monitor operation of machines and make adjustments to correct problems and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Change alignment and adjustment of sanding, cutting, or boring machine guides to prevent defects in finished products, using hand tools.
- Determine product specifications and materials, work methods, and machine setup requirements, according to blueprints, oral or written instructions, drawings, or work orders.
- Feed stock through feed mechanisms or conveyors into planing, shaping, boring, mortising, or sanding machines to produce desired components.
- Push or hold workpieces against, under, or through cutting, boring, or shaping mechanisms.
- Select knives, saws, blades, cutter heads, cams, bits, or belts, according to workpiece, machine functions, or product specifications.
- Remove and replace worn parts, bits, belts, sandpaper, or shaping tools.
- Clean or maintain products, machines, or work areas.
- Attach and adjust guides, stops, clamps, chucks, or feed mechanisms, using hand tools.
- Trim wood parts according to specifications, using planes, chisels, or wood files or sanders.
- Operate CNC router for machining MDF, and solid wood.
- Assist in scheduling work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task between programming, machining and other work.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and service on equipment.
- Notify supervisor when something is mechanically wrong, or maintenance is required.
- Ensure that every machine procedure is done in accordance with the strict guidelines of the company.
- Work in a safety-conscious and efficient manner in order to meet daily production targets.
- Use PPE such as safety googles/glasses, hearing protection.
- Keep working area clean and clear of debris/waste.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years' working as a CNC Machinist.
- Prior woodworking or general production experience is an asset.
- The physical ability to: lift 50lbs repetitively, walk/stand/sit for long periods of time, bending, reaching, climbing, twisting, trunk strength, and manual dexterity.
- Ability to handle and move material.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Post secondary education in woodworking, carpentry, construction or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods.
- Relevant knowledge of safe work practices including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Ability to read.
- Basic arithmetic.
- High degree of stress tolerance - the ability to deal calmly and effectively in high-stress situations.
- Dependability - reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family
- RRSP with company matching
- Company events
- Career development and growth opportunities
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON N6N1E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)