Are you ready for change, challenge, and opportunity? Whether you’re looking to launch your career or grow an existing one, Riverside Millwork Group is the type of company that supports its employees no matter where they are in life or their career.
Riverside Millwork Group is a forward-thinking group of companies built upon a solid foundation of values that we continue to live by today. Since 2005 Riverside has been supplying homeowners and builders with the finished products that make a house a home. Our suite of millwork products include interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers, custom millwork solutions, and millwork installations.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. We are seeking a dependable and focused Accounts Information Representative to join our team in Stoney Creek, ON and contribute to the success of our organization.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a high degree of stress tolerance, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy variety in your daily work routine. Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, the Accounts Information Representative is the central liaison between sales and the Company’s internal supply chain. The Accounts Information Representative is accountable for the successful completion of a customer order cycle working closely with various Riverside Representatives and conferring with other departments to ensure timelines and customer order specifications are met.
- Responsible for the successful completion of customer order cycles.
- Process customer orders and facilitate customer order cycle.
- Receive, review, and verify for correctness all customer specifications including floor plans, elevations, and notes from Riverside representatives prior to initiating account order facilitation and in accordance with Company standard operating procedures.
- Assess and interpret order specifications and scope of work prior to preparing estimates and quotes, conferring with Riverside representatives and other departments as necessary.
- Take-off and estimate the quantity of trim, doors, door hardware, shelving and other materials required for projects/orders, ensuring all project scope considerations have been addressed.
- Recommend product materials that will meet the clients needs.
- Participate in project meetings as necessary.
- Review and verify customer requirements on the Purchase Order against on-site measurements for accuracy, reporting all discrepancies (extras or omissions) to appropriate parties in keeping with Company standard operating procedures, and collecting appropriate Purchase Orders from customers.
- Confer with other departments to identify and resolve issues when they arise with a project/order.
- Liaise with Riverside representatives to ensure required payment terms for each project are satisfied in keeping with Company policies prior to requesting procurement or production of products.
- Communicate all order specifications to the internal supply chain team (warehouse, purchasing, manufacturing, scheduling) within adequate time frames for completion.
- Communicate order updates to customers on behalf of Riverside representatives when requested.
- Schedule order deliveries in Trello.
- Provide finance department “invoice-ready” orders in keeping with Company’s standard operating procedures.
- Act as back-up to the retail order desk to provide inside sales support to walk-in and call-in customers.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, and homeowners.
- Compliance with Riverside policies, Health and Safety Program, and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as directed by Sales Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Post-secondary education in architectural technology, construction engineering technology, carpentry, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- 2+ years interior building materials and residential construction industry experience is preferred or 2+ years experience in administration or sales.
- Experience with Seradex is an asset.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service, meeting quality standards for service and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications.
- Knowledge of general cost estimating principles.
- Knowledge and building and construction material, methods, and tools is an asset.
- Knowledge of construction practices/schedules/deadlines is an asset.
- Proficiency with MS office.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to read blueprint drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Service orientation – actively looking for ways to help people.
- Complex problem solving and problem sensitivity.
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High degree of stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Ability to read and write.
- High attention to detail.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Possesses initiative and persistence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with others.
- Ability to think critically.
- High degree of achievement and effort.
- Excellent compensation, wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
Candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their performance during application interviews; 2) their performance on any behavioural assessments, cognitive assessments, and/or competency assessments administered.
Successful external candidates will be subject to criminal record and reference checks as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
Reference ID: 2023.01 – ACCTINFOREP- STC