We are seeking a dependable and motivated Account Representative to join our team in Waterloo, ON and contribute to the success of our organization by delivering products and an excellent client service experience. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Account Representative is primarily responsible for closing transactions on supplied business leads and servicing an existing portfolio of client accounts. As a brand ambassador, this position provides best in class customer service to retain and sell to an existing portfolio of Riverside clients and is expected to perform functions with a high level of initiative. The Account Representative translates and explains highly complex technical information to customers and focuses on providing input on product design where needed to be tailored to the client. This position requires some travel.
- Identify sales opportunities within client portfolio.
- Provides best in class customer service and support to clients with portfolio of business.
- Accountable for retaining client portfolio of business.
- Accountable for meeting established sales targets.
- Negotiate and close sales deals.
- Visit on-site locations to evaluate the needs of the client or to promote product or service sales.
- Assess client needs, recommend, or assist in the selection of appropriate products or services that can meet clients’ needs.
- Emphasize product features, based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Obtain and read blueprints or specifications for estimating project costs.
- Estimate or quote prices, contract terms, and delivery dates in keeping with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the timely submission of estimates.
- Complete on-site takeoffs.
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to updating new client information, keeping sales records, etc.
- Timely completion and submission of sales report.
- Attend department meetings as required.
- Contribute to sales department initiatives.
- Participate in client turnover meeting with Sales Representative, New Business in keeping with Company policies and procedures.
- Research and monitor market conditions, product innovations, market trends, and competitors’ products and prices.
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates courtesy and professionalism with all team members, clients, and homeowners.
- Assists Accounts Receivable in the collection of payment on new sales accounts as necessary.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as directed by the Regional Sales Manager
Work Environment: Office, Construction Sites, Residential Homes, Showroom.
Tools: Cell Phone, Computer, Laser Printer, Calculator, Scanner, Photocopiers.
- High School Diploma.
- University Degree in Engineering, Interior Design, or Business or College Diploma in Construction Engineering Technology or Architectural Technology or other program related to the business.
- Health & Safety Courses/Training: WHMIS and Health & Safety Awareness Training (HSAT).
- Valid G class Driver’s License.
- 2+ years’ sales experience required – focus on building material or manufacturing sales preferred.
- Previous customer service experience is preferred.
- Previous residential construction experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for Sales and Marketing including showing, promoting, and selling products or services as well as sales techniques and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, meeting quality standards for service and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- High degree of initiative and persistence.
- Maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and other mathematical applications.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Critical thinking skills – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Complex problem solving and problem sensitivity.
- Attention to Detail.
- Analytical thinking.
- Judgement and decision-making skills.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- Stress tolerance – the ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Deductive reasoning – the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanor.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Clean driver’s abstract.
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- Performance pay.
- Company vehicle.
- Paid vacation.
- Comprehensive group health coverage for you and your family.
- RRSP with company matching.
- Company events.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.riversidemillwork.ca
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Riverside Millwork Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with an emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.