Providing goods and services to people with disabilities.
Riverside Millwork Group is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Riverside Millwork Group will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Riverside Millwork Group provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email firstname.lastname@example.org or provide it verbally.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of Riverside Millwork Group that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Training for staff
Riverside Millwork Group will provide accessible customer service training to employees who deal with the public. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services. Staff will be trained in Accessible Customer Service after three months of employment with the company.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Riverside Door and Trim’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.